Saturday, November 7, 2009

Jiffy Corn Casserole

This is always an easy and welcome casserole to bring to pot-luck Thanksgiving dinners. It is so easy to make and everyone seems to enjoy it. I want to experiment with adding some green chilis and/or crumbled bacon in the future.

Jiffy Corn Casserole

2 cans whole kernel corn, drained*
1 can creamed corn
2 eggs, beaten
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 stick butter, melted
1 c. sour cream
1/4 - 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (opt.)
1 cup approx. Shredded cheddar cheese (split)**

Pre-heat oven to 375°. Mix all ingredients except cheese**. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top, if desired. Bake in casserole dish or 9"x13" baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray for 30 to 45 minutes or until fully cooked in center and light golden brown (I prefer using the 9x13 so that I get more brown bits cuz I like that part best.)

*NOTE: The original recipe only called for one can of whole kernel corn, but I accidentally opened two cans and decided to use them both. I like it MUCH better this way.
**NOTE: I used grated cheddar on the top, and I also stirred about 1/2 cup into the casserole. Delish!

No comments: